Sunday, October 23, 2011

Spinning Babies

I was completely unaware that a woman can help get her baby in an optimal position. I was also unaware that some head down positions can be more favorable than others. I have notoriously bad posture. I slouch a lot, which may be due to the fact that I had scoliosis as a kid and never learned to sit properly. I am much more conscious of this now and I realize how important daily walking is. If you are reading this I encourage you to check out Spinning Babies!

They also have a couple of great videos pointing out the importance of having a provider that supports natural birthing.

"If you don't need a cesarean, you can choose not to join the trend of surgical childbirth. If you don't need a cesarean, you might consider giving birth where providers know how to support human birthing. If you don't NEED a cesarean, you might not want to give birth where 1 in 3 women are silently prepared for one without their knowledge."


OBs are surgeons! Simply put, they are trained to cut you open! Why would you want them overseeing your birth? Having a midwife is much better for mother and baby. They specialize in normal healthy births and use the least amount of intervention as possible. If you don't want a homebirth, midwives can attend you in the hospital. If everyone researched their options, many women could avoid being victimized by the medical business.

No comments:

Post a Comment